Background

Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Ring

Today I let go of a certain ring... here is the story...

The ring was the final item connecting me to both of my ex-husbands. Its the last token I have to remind me of both of them.

Andy and I got back together about a year after our divorce. We went on a date and went to the mall after dinner. I mentioned while there I wanted to buy a yin/yang ring to replace one that I had lost. We went to Claire's and I found the particular ring. He bought it for me as a token of us getting back together. I wore it a long time even after we broke up, but then I stopped wearing it.

Then, one day, for some reason I put the ring back on and went to the Love Feast at the Utah Krishna Temple. It was the night that I met Mike. The ring was one of the first things he noticed about me. The very first thing he said to me was, "I like your ring." He always loved the ring and told me its what attracted him to me in the first place.

So, since the ring is connected to these two men, I know its time to leave it behind. I buried the ring in a park I rarely go to. I leave behind these men with this ring. I leave behind the memories of hurting them. I leave behind my own pain and my worry that I'll never be able to commit to a person again. Today is a brand new day. A day where I finally love and accept myself. I believe in love. I believe one day I will fall in love with the perfect man for me. I will no longer date men who are not right for me. I'd rather be alone forever than to be with the wrong man again.

No comments:

Post a Comment